The ARA Storage & Distribution (SD) Work Group serves to work with Members and other stakeholders to ensure potential hazards are systematically identified and risks associated with these hazards are managed in a manner that ensures Members and their stakeholders are protected.
The ARA SD Management System will be used to deploy a structured approach to identifying hazards, implementing required mitigants and ensuring compliance with all safety, security, health and environmental laws and regulations. The ARA SD Management System encompasses the objectives, procedures and resources to effectively manage terminals/depots for liquid hydrocarbons and LPG as well as pipelines for transporting same products.
The ARA SD Management System is intended to be used alongside each Member’s existing Storage & Distribution practices to strengthen and deliver world-class procedures.
Support its members and contribute to efforts to guarantee best management and operating practices for infrastructures and means for the storage, transport and distribution of petroleum products
Contribute to development approaches in terms of investment to secure and optimize the operations and resources of this chain and ensure its reliability.
In collaboration with the WGs concerned, identify the non-conformities and draw up a roadmap for upgrading the STD infrastructures.
Provide training dedicated to this business segment : equipment, procedures, systems
- The annual organization of a forum reserved for storage, transport and distribution infrastructures,
- Technical meetings, symposia and workshops are organized throughout the year to share good practices, developments and standards required in this business segment
- Active participation, in collaboration with the relevant WGs in the development of roadmaps and monitoring of the implementation of recommandation
- Develop and implement the quinquennial and 10-year strategic plans in line with the ARA’s mission to serve as Africa’s “Leader for the Transition to Cleaner Fuels”
- Track and monitor the roadmap’s action plan
- Identify in partnership the themes and topics of common interest for the organization of events : Forum, workshops..
- Develop and implement an annual program for SD WG quarterly meetings.
- Ensure leadership and conduct of meetings in the WG’s terms of reference
- Identifying ways to implement strategic objectives
- Develop quarterly activity reports for the ARA Executive Committee
Director of SONABHY Bingo Oil Depot (Burkina Faso)
- More than thirty (30) years of experience in liquid & gas hydrocarbon management at SONABHY
- Master’s degree in Control and Audit Accounting
- Master’s degree in Management and International Trade
- University Degree of Technology (Mechanical Engineering)
- Leader of ARA Storage & Distribution WG since 2016
Operations and Maintenance Manager at Kenya Pipeline Company - KPC (Kenya)
- Seasoned Engineer across various roles at KPC
- Registered Graduate Engineer with the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK)
- Member (Graduate Class) – Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK)
- Full Member, Kenya Institute of Management (KIM)
- MBA in Corporate Management (KCA University)
- B.S. (Hons) in Civil Engineering (University of Nairobi)
- Certificate in Oil Supply, Logistics & Distribution (Energy Institute – London)