Registration is closed!!
As part of the activities of Refining & HSEQ Work Group of the ARA, a seminar on production units; Distillation, hydrotreating (HDT) and Gas plant, is scheduled on 25 and 26 October 2016 in Egypt (Cairo).
The objective sought through the exchanges we envision for this seminar is to discuss among officials responsible for the operation and optimized conduct of such production units, manufacturers, subcontractors, Engineering and Technical Services ... so as to identify the best practices in the areas of conduct, optimization, inspection and maintenance.
Another interesting aspect concerns the opportunities offered by innovations on refinery equipment and treatment processes. These could help to effectively address the need to increase refinery capacity and mainly the debottlenecking projects which polarize the majority of our refineries in the context of the current increase in fuel needs of the African market.
The main topics to be discussed during this seminar are:
- Optimization of the units’ operation
- Evolution of production units patterns
- Staff Training
- Return of Experience
Without ignoring the opportunity this seminar offers on various topics such as: changes in the regulations, staff training, safety, environmental standards, management of accidents/incidents, ARA opens an opportunity for participants to share experiences and identify areas for improvement for their know-how. We thus, strongly encourage stakeholders concerned with the main topics listed above to participate in this seminar.
Leader of RHSEQ Work Group
Draft Topics and Call for Papers
Kindly confirm the themes you’re interested in and the title of your proposed presentation (s).
1. Assessment of the situation of recommendations of the 25 and 26 October 2011 seminar: - Follow-up of Actions and Action plans on sites
2-. Optimization of units operation - Quality of processed crude oil - Linear program - Desalting follow-up, fight against corrosion and processing of sour crude oil - Maintenance/Inspection of units - Optimization of control loops - Modules of advanced controls - Optimization of operating parameters - Exchange of Experience
3. Utilities - Impact of water quality- Waste treatment - Energetic efficiency - Monitoring utilities consumption in relation with Design (Kpi ...)
4. Evolution of units patterns - Debottlenecking projects - Increasing the capacity of refineries - Innovations in refinery equipment and processing methods
5-. Staff training - Training plan - Training on Dynamic Process Simulator o Staff in charge of monitoring o Operating Staff
6. Return of Experience - Operating System - Cross Audits - Troubleshooting - Analysis of incidents/accidents - Exchange of best practices:
- Improved cooling systems
- Cleaning of operating furnaces